[access-uk] Re: Remotely accessing someone's computer

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:16:13 +0100

Hello,

I am subscribed to system access.

I can connect to someone who has the free version, Unless this has changed in the last few weeks?

But if you just use the free version you can't enisuate a connection. Hope this is of some help.
Kevin Cussick.

Dean Wilcox wrote:
I understood wrong at first a few months back but lately suspected I did
need the network. This is because, and its not anything like word for
word, Serotek released a press release saying that remote access and
training support was now available to all users. Seen as it was
available anyway I thought they meant it was for everyone but maybe they
were saying it had been improved. I'm not subscribed to the network but
if I did it would only be for the community forums which are good for
having many blindness related topicks and discussions in one place, oh
and of course the remote access and training feature. I know some people
just have a paid subscription to the network and use SATOGO, do they get
the feature also?

At 16:49 27/05/2009, you wrote:
Hi.

Yes, both people need system access mobile network subscriptions if they
want to use remote access. Since satogo is a web-based screen reader
or if
you just have the system access software this functionality isn't
going to
be available to you.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Wilcox" <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
Chris Hallsworth
Sent: Tuesday 26 May 2009 15:09
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So is it true that remote assistance over MSN is accessible? I
thought the
remote access options provided by screen readers, including the new
JAWS
Tandem, were the only accessible ones out there.

--
Chris Hallsworth
E-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx