[access-uk] Re-installing XP Home

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:39:31 -0000

Hi All

I've done my back ups and all is sorted out so I'm now ready to do my clean re-install. I went to the WinXP disc to Install Windows hoping it would give me a format command. What it gave me was that I couldn't install because the version I have is newer than my disc. I assume this is from the countless critical updates I've installed. It then gave me all sorts of dire threats of what I mustn't do.

I can see two options open to me. Uninstall all the updates which would take forever and probably not work anyway. Or, more likely, do a format from right clicking the mouse and then a straight install.

Comments and advice would be _most welcome here, please.

Roger

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.