[access-uk] Recycling redundant computers

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:08:20 +0100

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.  We have had a new desktop computer built
by a local shop which is being delivered tomorrow evening.  He has put us
in touch with a local charity, Operation sunshine, who take redundant
computers.  We have two systems we wish to dispose of, but they are only
interested in the working system we are replacing with the new one.  we
have another computer we cannot access as it doesn't boot up and won't
recognise the hard disk.  the charity will take any components except the
monitor.  I was told we would have to dispose of that ourselves as they are
charged if they take it to the local dump if not required.  what has
happened to recycling of old systems?  does anyone have ideas what we can
do about the non-working PC?  suggestion most welcome.  thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett