[access-uk] Re: Recording on TVonics DTR HD500

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian228@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:21:34 +0100

Hi Steve,

I’ve not transferred anything from the TVonics to DVD yet, but imagine the technique will be the same as transferring from a Sky+ box to DVD, which I’ve done many times. Whether you can achieve the same result may depend on your DVD recorder.

I have an old Panasonic DVD recorder and a Panasonic TV; the two are connected via scart. The DVD recorder has a Direct TV Record button. If I play a recording on the Sky box and press Direct TV Record on the DVD remote, then the programme is recorded onto a DVD.

My dad has a similar setup except that the TV and DVD recorder are connected via HDMI. Using the Direct TV Record button didn’t work. However, his DVD remote control has a button for “Input Select” which allows him to change the recording from aerial to one of the scart sockets. With a scart lead from his Humax Freesat box to the DVD recorder, he is then able to transfer programmes from the Humax hard drive to a DVD.

Hopefully, your DVD recorder will also have some way to change the source of any recording.

Regards.

Ian

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Hyde-Dryden
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:51 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Recording on TVonics DTR HD500

Anyone know if it is possible to dump a recording from the TVonics onto a DVD in some way?

Cheers

Steve

Steve