[access-uk] Re: Recommendations social networking

Hi there,

Yes, you caught me out on that one.  I’ve heard of Google Plus and looked into
it a little.  It mainly seems to be aimed at user collaboration centred around
contacts one already has that are using Google, although it is easy enough for
one to get a Google account if they don't already have one.  Also, it
integrates heavily with existing Google features such as your Google Mail
account, but also has some nifty features such as multiple person video chat,
RSS aggregation and hooking into Google Search.  It's another attempt at an
all-in-one solution with Google and its products as the operating platform.
Naturally there are many hooks into Android but also aps for the iPhone as well.

It's definitely not a definitive answer when trying to say which social network
is the best.  It really depends on what one is looking for; be it information,
contacts, or actual day-to-day networking.  I freely admit to being one of
those people that are on multiple networking platforms, and it's a little like
the Instant Messaging craze of the 90's and early 2000's that saw people
singing up for anything up to six different instant messaging platforms.  I
still remember having at least five different messaging programs installed that
all started up when Windows loaded - no wonder everything was so slow!!!!

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,