[access-uk] Re: Recommendations for a GPS App for the Iphone

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:42:13 -0000

Hi Saqib.

Their is your problem, you've turned off the Wi-Fi. The IPhone uses Wi-Fi triangulation to help in identifying your position more quickly, in fact I'm pretty sure that when you go to turn off or on location services, it recommends you turn on Wi-Fi as well.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Saqib
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:54 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Recommendations for a GPS App for the Iphone

Hi Ibrahim. Most of the time the signal works fine. It's just during the
initial period of 20 minutes seems to be a problem at time. I usually have
wifi switched off as I have unlimited data.  How does wifi work with GPS?

-----Original Message----- From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:07 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Saqib.

My IPhone 4S gets a good location fix within a few seconds, no more than a
minute or two.  It certainly shouldn't take 20 minutes, and if it does, you
probably need to double check that Wi-Fi is switched on as Wi-Fi is used to
help in fixing the location.  Also, are you in a good signal coverage area?

Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:47 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi. I've used that app of late and it's quite good. Problem is that my 4S
doesn't give accurate location details time to time and this usually happens
within the first 20 minutes of using any GPS app.  If you are traveling
about on regular routes then you don't really need turn by turn guidence.

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Godfrey-McKay
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:05 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Ibrahim, I have just bought Ariadne, so looks as though Navigon is
going to be my next purchase.  Seems to run on GPS, if I have understood
that correctly?
Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880