[access-uk] Really good, accessible web sites.

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Vi Gen Access" <vi-genaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:00:19 +0100

Good afternoon,

Continuing with my research on behalf of Radio 4's In Touch program, I'm hoping you can help with recommendations for really good accessible web sites.

I know that a perfectly accessible and usable web site is still something of a rarity, but certainly in my own experience, there are shops online where I can carry out my shopping without too much grief.

If anyone can recommend a web site from the following categories that is easy to use, that would be great:

Travel
CD's etc
Food Supermarkets
Finance,Insurance
Entertainment

The idea is to praise those companies who appear to be making an effort or who have taken steps in the right direction.

Please reply off list to tink@xxxxxxxxxx or on list if you feel others would benefit from sharing your recommendations.

Thanks,
Tink.

--