[access-uk] Re: RealSpeak voice Daniel?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:15:49 +0100

Hi Ali,

You can buy it from http://www.nextup.com.  However, if you don't have a
copy of Text Aloud, I think you would have to buy it, as Daniel only comes
if you have one of the Nextup products, but I highly recommend Text Aloud.
We make audio versions of RNIB mags such as Access IT with it, then we can
listen to them round the house, while we are doing things.  We use Daniel
for this, and it is great.

You will be able to use it with JAWS, but I have a feeling that it will be a
bit sluggish, unless you have a beast of a machine, since JAWS is a resource
hog already, so adding a voice like Daniel, might just make it keel over.  I
have never tried it twith JAWS though.  It works with Window-Eyes, albeit a
bit sluggish on that too.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,