From: "Ian Robinson" <ian456@xxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:09 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Radio Times App for IPod/IPhone

Hi Carol,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your question.
Like you, I'm new to all these apps and am still figuring
out what works and what doesn't.

The Radio Times app is usable, but contains many
unlabelled buttons.  I have tried using the buttons and
still can't figure them out.  I'll try again when I've
got sighted help.
The app allows you to select channels based on provider,
such as Freeview or Freesat and includes both Tv and
Radio listings.

there is an app called TV Guide UK, which is free, but
includes adverts.  I found it frustrating to use and gave
up on  it quite quickly.

the latest version of the Sky+ app seems to be unusable
to be, though others may have had more success.  the
older version is very accessible and is free, so I could
send you a copy if necessary.

the TV Plus app is very like the older version of the
Sky+ app, except that it costs £1.19.

Although both the Sky+ and Tv Plus apps include the Sky
channels, both allow you to setup your Favourite
channels.  Neither app includes radio channels.

Although the Sky+ and Tv Plus apps include a synopsis of
each programme, neither mention whether  a programme is a
repeat.

the Radio Times app seems to include more programme
information, including whether it is a repeat.

None of the above apps say whether a programme is audio
described or not.

Both the Sky+ and Tv Plus apps have an option to set a
Sky box to record a programme and both work very
reliably.  If only we could get something that would
allow us to do the same with an off-the-shelf Freeview
recorder!

Hope the above is of some use and feel free to contact me
privately if you want to discuss this off list.

regards.

Ian

On 20 Mar 2011, at 22:18, Carol Pearson wrote:

I'd be interested to know if anyone has a good app for
this, and I'd love it if perhaps it included all
stations normally found on DAB radio.

If anyone has tried any of these apps and found them not
to be accessible, please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Carol P