[access-uk] Re: ROUTERS REVISITED!

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:43:39 +0100

Router =
. Network layer device that determines the optimal path along which network
traffic should be forwarded. Routers forward packets from one network to
another
based on network layer information.
www.astutechnologies.com/glossary.htm

MODEM =
. (MOdulator, DEModulator) A device that you connect to your computer and to
a phone line, that allows the computer to talk to other computers through
the
phone system. Basically, modems do for computers what a telephone does for
humans.
www.estoreready.com/glossary.html

Cable Modem =
. A modem designed to operate over cable TV lines. Because the coaxial cable
used by cable TV provides much greater bandwidth than telephone lines, a
cable
modem can be used to achieve extremely fast access to the Internet. Cable
bandwidth is a very fast and typically reliable choice for Webcam systems if
the upstream speeds are not significantly restricted.
www.webcamstore.com/consumer/tutorial/glossary.php

Dj Paddy
Ôà