[access-uk] Re: RNIB's Freeview Set Top Boxes

  • From: "Stephen Green" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:10:17 -0000

Hi Jackie

I understand that the RNIB set top box differs very slightly from the one sold
by Curry's, in that the RNIB box beeps when you change channel and beeps twice
when it detects an audio described programme. But that's not much for your
extra 20 quid.

I've also been on to TVonics who have told me how to switch off the auto
shutdown ffeature that prevents you from recording with a video or DVD recorder
more than a few hours in advance. I haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming it
works. Of course it requires sighted assistance, which I haven't got at the
moment.

Steve Green