[access-uk] Question about digital and analog TVs

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:04:13 -0000

Hi all -

In the market for a new TV! I don't know if to buy analog or digital! At the moment, I can only receive the basic 4 terrestrial channels here in Devon. Digital radios don't work down here, and the only way I could get digital broadcasts would be to buy a satellite dish, and a freeview box [or at least, this is how I understand it!] So, if I were to buy a digital TV, would I still be able to receive standard terrestrial programming through my aril? or does digital TV only work with a digital signal, so forcing me to go satellite?

A further question would be about model recommendations regarding sound; yes I know sound is subjective, but ideally, I'd like a surround sound package.

Thanks then in advance for any help on this.

Andy

** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq