[access-uk] Re: Purchasing equipment and protecting yourself

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:39:07 +0100

Credit card firms must refund price of faulty goods, after student's legal
battle | Mail OnlineHi Gordon,

I didn't see a date attached to that article but we recently had correspondence
from our Bank informing us that they would no longer be guaranteeing refunds of
over £50 when using credit cards.  Our bank (Barclays) suggested that this was
a decision across the board, so maybe others had a similar letter.  I don't
recall all the details now, because I wasn't over-bothered at the time, but I
wonder if this is why they have acted, perhaps following that article if it
isn't particularly new ...

Can anyone comment on that, please?

--
Carol P