[access-uk] Re: Problems with amazon

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:52:19 +0100

Tracey

One good turn deserves another, so let me try to help you for a change.  As
I understand it, ordering from Amazon using one click cancels your
entitlement to free delivery.  At least, there is no way of asking for it
when you order that way.  It may be possible to one click your order, and
then go into the amend orders section and alter your delivery options that
way.  I have not tried it.  Changing the delivery method was always very
straightforward until fairly recently, when it became necessary, to go to
proceed to check out and then complete your order and go back in again to
amend your order.  However, when I had my problem today, I used your method
in order to proceed to check out, and I was then able to change my delivery
option.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember whether I had to activate the
super saver option just by pressing enter, or whether I had to use the new
method described by you when helping me out earlier.

What this comes down to is that you are probably unable to change your order
at this stage, unless it has not yet been delivered, in which case it might
be worth taking a look at the view or change order button and see what you
find.

Hope it works.

David
---