[access-uk] Re: Problems with Listen Again

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:09:08 -0000

Yes the Radio Player is what loads when you listen to a programme, it is actually using Real Player in the background although the Real Player Window itself is not displayed. Basically, if you visit the Radio Player home page at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod
You can then select the radio station you want to listen to. This brings up a page with a number of sections, highlighting popular (i.e. most listened-to) programmes and forthcoming highlights. It also contains an alphabetical list of everything you can listen to from that radio station. The best way to find a particular programme is to use your JAWS Find feature in Internet Explorer, so in your case you would type "Album Chart", into the JAWS Find Dialogue box and press Enter. All Being well, this will land you straight on the link you need and all you then have to do is press enter to play the audio. I think the BBC is encouraging its listeners to use the Radio Player, as it allows them to promote programmes across different networks by for example allowing you to serach for shows across all stations in a particular category. It also saves the web team of each station having to "reinvent the wheel", and come up with their own "Listen Again", or as they tend to call it now, "Audio On Demand" system.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>