[access-uk] Problem with Windows Media Player and aspx streams

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:21:14 +0100

Hi all,
Whilst playing with Speakon this afternoon, I came across a problem whereby Windows Media Player will not play internet streams in the aspx format. This is not a Speakon problem as the error message came up whilst trying to connect to the stream via Mozilla Firefox. My lecturer, who's showing me Speakon, can however connect to streams in the aspx format fine. The only difference I can think of is that I'm using Vista Home Premium SP1 whilst my lecturer is using Windows XP. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so how did you get around it? Everything that I know of has been unblocked by Windows Firewall, and I can play streams in either MP3 or RealOne fine. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this.
--
Chris Hallsworth

Derbyshire, UK

E-mail