[access-uk] Re: Printer problem

  • From: gw4nby@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:30:06 +0100

Hi,

The cartridges do have a self life and after 5 years, I would think they
are at the end of it.

Not sure if your print heads are part of the cartridge but if they are not,
you may need to deal with them as well, especially if you have put that
old ink through them.

A A head clean may help.

On 19 Oct 2005 at 18:32, chairman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I printed immediately but not very well, obviously, the cartridge had
dried
> out but I have several purchased and still sealed on my shelf so I put
one
> in and all seemed to be ok, it printed ok, the systems saw it and all
> seemed fine.
>
> However, I am wondering if there is a sort of "best before" date on
these
> cartridges even though they are sealed, as now, I can only get it to
print
> very occasionally, even though the cartridge has only been in for a few
> weeks (think about a month).
>
> I wonder, is there anything I ought to have thought of?
>
> I wonder about cleaning?
>
> I'll try another cartridge but suspect there is a problem in the printer
> somewhere about which I am unaware.
>
> I've found that sometimes if it refuses to print, taking out the cartridge
> and putting it back in makes it work a couple of times, but trying this
> today has not made it work.
>
> all connections are correct and drivers installed.
>

> All the best
>
> from:
>
> Colin R. Howard.

Keith Barrett