[access-uk] Powerful Laptop PC

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:54:48 +0100

Hi All,

I'm currently searching for a laptop PC to replace my high end desktop
PC.  My desktop PC is a HP Compaq, ,it has a Pentium 4, 3.2 gigahertz,
dual core processor and two gigabytes of RAM.
I'm using Windows XP Pro, and have the following access software;-

JAWS Professional, MAGIC, Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional, J-Say
and Openbook.

In order to carry out my day to day tasks, I normally have five to six
applications open including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and
SAP.

All this tends to slow down the machine and it often falls over and
hangs.  I need a laptop in order to switch location on a daily basis,
and use it when holding meetings and undertaking courses in classrooms
etc.
I therefore require a powerful laptop PC, preferably more powerful than
my desktop!
If it was up to me, I would go for an Apple Mac and run Unix, however
the company will be switching to Vista some time in the future, yuck!

So if anyone knows of a machine that checks all the boxes, please let me
know.

Cheers

Dave