[access-uk] Re: Pops and clicks in sound files

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:13:20 -0000

I would suggest you check your settings prior to burning most CD writing
programs have some kind of buffering during the write process, make sure
whatever it is called is turned on.  Audio CDs require a continuous stream of
data and the pops and clicks are most likely (but not always) to be due to this
being interrupted.  The other thing to do is make sure you exit any unnecessary
software when doing the burning process to see if this helps.  It may then be
worth investigating whether the drive firmware is up to date and possibly
experiment with a different brand of blank CD, some CD writers are known to
have problems with one or other brand.
Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology