[access-uk] Pop Ups

  • From: "SHARON BOWELL" <sharon.bowell1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:02:17 -0000

Hi,

About a week ago, I posted to this list looking for advice on how to get
rid of pop ups.

I haven't had much response, so will post again, hope nobody minds.

I am getting pop ups all the time whilst browsing the web.  I will click
on a link I want to go to, and a pop up window will appear,  This always
opens in another window, and I can't seem to get the address of it.
They are different each time, but one that comes quite often is
Brittania.

I am running windows xp, service pack 2, and have the pop up blocker
switched on.

I know this is on and running properly, because sometimes whilst
browsing a site it asks me if I wish to allow pop ups  from this site.

I do run spybot regularly, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any help or ideas much appreciated, as this is really getting on my
nerves.  I have inadvertently closed the wrong window by accident, and
completely lost where I was.

Many thanks.

Sharon