[access-uk] Re: Plusnet's Broadband Your Way

Hi andy - I'm on that package, and infact switched from the package you are
currently on in january this year.  all seemed fine initially but I didn't
experience some connectivity issues in the early evening for a couple of weeks
where-by at typicly busy times, EG between approx 5 pm and 9 PM connectivity
seemed to drop sometimes as often as every tne minutes. sometimes I was able to
reconnect immediately, other times not for several minutes or even the rest of
the evening.  I was experiencing some other networks issues at the time, namely
an IP conflict between a couple of devices one of which was my router so this
may have contributed to the problem but that wouldn't account the the issue
mainly occuring at this particular time of day.

happily all seems to have been fine for the last month or so, no dropped
connections at all.  plus.net do seem to go through the occasional rough patch
from time to time but overall I'm as happy with the broadband your way package
as I have been with their other packages for the last 5 or 6 years and sticking
with one ISP for that long says a lot if reading around the Web on ISP
satisfaction generally is anything to go by.

note though that the useage cap went up from 8 gb to 15 gb just this week
making it a pretty attractive package so there might be a spert of high demand
on the network so your initial experience might reflect this but improve later.

advantage of plus.net is you can manage your account online so you can just
change packages yourself, no need to ring a call centre that said line quality
to sheffield seems to be significantly better than to asia and it's often worth
phoning just to see what cool 80's tunes they've got on the hold music.  fave
Squeeze track anyone?

Adrian Higginbotham
Project manager: Learning services
Becta
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ