[access-uk] Re: Please, how can this be achieved?

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Colin Howard <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:29:43 +0000

Hi Colin,

Here's how I see it:
If I was moderating a list with that rule, it would be easy to enforce as my
email client has a column in the message list for the 'to' field. However, most
email clients don't, and I don't see how he would know, unless he sits and goes
through every single message, looking at its properties or headers to see if it
was sent to 2 lists at once or not. And I agree, the rule is completely daft.
It might've been an issue at some point in time, but these days, email clients
are smart enough to recognise things like CC and multiple addresses in the To
field. When I crosspost, I always use the to field, putting a semicolon
inbetween the 2 addresses.

James Scholes
--
Contact Details
--
E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
Message sent at 03:26:48 PM GMT on Wednesday, February 25, 2009