To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:56 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Please, how can this be achieved?

Greetings,

I am intrigued.

On the Second-Hand-Zone list, the owner has made it a rule that, only the
list address may appear in the 'to' line for any message, that no addresses
are to appear in the 'cc' or 'bcc' lines.

I am intrigued to know, if the 'bcc' line is intended to *hide* addresses,
how would the owner of the list know that anybody has included an address in
the 'bcc' line?

I have purposely sent myself messages with my address in the 'bcc' line,
looked at the properties and headers not finding reference to 'bcc' at all.

As the list is on Yahoo, is there some kind of tool available whereby a
'bcc' entry may be exposed? Or, is there a program which can achieve this?

I have written to the list owner on this matter three times and to date have
not as much as received acknowledgement of my messages.

I am aware the list owner is not incommunicardo for, since sending the
request to abide by this rule, other messages have been received, such as
those banning members for lack of adherence to list policy.

I did not notice what email client the list owner used to send the
requirement to the group.

From Colin Howard, who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.