[access-uk] Re: Playing dvds on pc

  • From: "Karen Burgess" <karen.burgess@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:09:49 -0000

hi marie

you could always try downloading a third party video player which may include the necessary codec to allow you to play your dvd.

there are a large number of codecs around so you may be lucky and get the one you need.

windows media player does not come with any codecs so they have to be downloaded so you could always do a search on google to find out where to download them from but you have to know in advance which codec you require.

i had a piece of software recently called G spot which allows you to recognise which codec you need in order to play a video file.

hth

Karen Burgess

email:
karen.burgess@xxxxxxxxxx