[access-uk] Re: Perkins and other Braillers

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:14:31 +0100

Agreed Barbra.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:13 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Perkins and other Braillers

Ian

I would not expect the price to compare with £14.00 in the seventies, but I would imagine that with the move to more hi-tech products the RNIB would sell the less hitech ones for a lot less. I remember hearing a few years ago that the RNIB had ceased repairing Perkins? So if they are selling a product which they won't repair in the future then surely they should not be asking such a high price? I don't expect them to sell at a loss or give unreasonable discount, but this just seems a lot for something like a perkins compared to other products on the market.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx