[access-uk] Re: Perkins and other Braillers

Carol,

From their website, the Jot a Dot is only for standard thin paper and not
for thick paper or card.  It takes A5 or A6 paper.  You select the braille
keys of the letter you want to produce and then squeeze the Jot a Dot
together to make the braille imprint.  In this manner it differs from the
perkins which makes the character when you press the keys.  I would imagine
it would make brailling a tedious process for anything larger than a note.
It is also far far smaller and lighter.

http://www.jotadot.com.au/

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, The one I miss most is my mind...
-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Carol Pearson
Sent: 18 July 2009 17:58
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Perkins and other Braillers

Alexander, can you tell us what the Jot a Dot is like, please?  We've never
seen one.  Is it quiet, fast, only used on thin and smaller paper or what?
(Mike's just told me he doesn't think you can get them now.  Is that right?)

I'm just interested ... because I seem to have missed out on knowing about
them.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx