[access-uk] Re: Penfriend labels and CDs

  • From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:53:41 -0000

Just a thought - sighties can print off doghnut-shaped labels for CDs that they affix using some sort of applicator/jig to ensure it's centred properly and doesn't put the disc off-balance when spinning. Could you produce PenFriend labels like those, although they wouldnt need to cover the entire surface of the disc - maybe only coming out a centimetre or so? If coded like the other Penfriend labels, They could be affixed using the applicator.

And taking that a step further, for those people who cleverly put two labels on the disc cases, one with title and artist, the other with track listing, you could print the inner sector of the CDRing with one code and the outer sector with a different one, allowing people to do the same separation of artist/title from track listing using a single label...

Of course, the applicator would need to be blindie usable...

Just a thought!

ATB,
Barry G

----- Original Message ----- From: "Long, Alison" <Alison.Long@xxxxxxxxxxx>