[access-uk] Re: Pegasus Mail program

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:45:10 +0100

Hi,

I used Pegasus with Mercury on our very old Netware server (retired in
2001 after XP gave problems with authentication to a Netware 3.1
server).  I stopped using it later on because of the author's lack of
interest in making what was a very accessible system into a less
accessible system with the release of version 4.0, and still the
problems exist in version 4.12C (I think this is the latest version),
and because the support we had in Netware is just not there on a NT
based network (i.e, user based mail when users log on, little chance of
getting into other mailboxes, netware group support etc.)

I still look at it from time to time, but at the moment use Outlook
mainly because it is one of the more accessible Windows mail clients out
there now.

Andrew.