From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steve Nutt
Sent: 17 August 2009 11:30
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Payment plans for access technology?

Hi Martin,

There's a bit more to it than that.  A credit card is not secure from the
vendor's point of view. As a customer, you can block anyone from taking
money from a credit card.  So I would say there is no foolproof way to have
finance plans, without the risk of chasing for payment, especially with
expensive equipment.

For example, if I sold you a KNFB Reader, you activated it, and paid your
first month's payment, and no more, we have no deactivation process.  With
Window-Eyes on the other hand, we can activate it for each 30 days, so if
you don't pay the following month, it will simply expire.

So there does need to be some protection in place for the vendor as well, if
the customer defaults.  Yes, we can chase, and take the customer to the
small claims court, or whatever, but it is all costly and time consuming.

Don't get me wrong, not all customers are going to default by any means, but
I am just pointing out that it is not just the big bad business out there,
taking money off you and not having a payment plan.  It is more complex than
it looks to set it up.

All the best

Steve