[access-uk] Re: Paralympic legacy: was RE: Re: talking portable dab radio

  • From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:28:57 -0400

Somehow if we were to convince the sighted who also purchase these products the advantages of speech technology for them, they would convince those manufacturers to build speech technology in to their products. We [preach such to our own. While sighted I-phone users still use their sight to text in situations where speech would better serve them. In fact, there are laws proposed in my city and surrounding areas to ban texting while driving. Claiming texting while driving is distracting. It would be less so if those texting would use voice over. Which is built in to the I-Phone. The truth is: Due to lack of knowledge concerning the advantages speech technology would afford the sighted, the sighted don't want to use speech technology. Till this changes there will be little incentive to build it in to products. There will be further back lash. Because no one enjoys being forced to do anything. That is why unless the sighted understand the advantage of building in to their products speech technology it might not be done. Another sorry thing might be half way accessibility. As is seen in some cell phone products. Wherein some of, but not all the phones features speak. This is because it is assumed speech is an assist, rather than the maim stay where by the product might be used. This is where many main stream products with speech built in fall short of the mark for us. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Bobby McNab - Email Address: colwyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent On: 09/09/2012 17:09 Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sorry I meant why did Pure stopp
making their talking DAB radio?