[access-uk] Re: PROGRESSING ESET SMART SECURITY

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:50:40 -0000

Thanks Tris.

I elected to wait until my new router was up ... then install once networked so that I could go immediately to get updates.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:28 AM (UK time), Tristram Llewellyn at tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

:: "I'm still debating whether I should install before putting the new
:: computer
:: on the net"
::
:: So long as you do it soon after and certainly before doing any major
:: browsing it should not be a problem.  Only completely unpatched
:: machines unprotected by a router will catch worms.  As most are
:: updated and behind routers it should be less of an issue.  If you
:: are not behind a router you really should have the machine patched
:: up to sp2 at the very least before connecting to the Internet.
::
::
:: Regards.
::
:: Tristram Llewellyn
:: Sight and Sound Technology
:: Technical Support
:: www.sightandsound.co.uk
::
:: Mail:
:: Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:: Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:: General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
::
:: Phone:
:: Support line: 0845 634 7979
::
:: Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England
:: and Wales, with company number 1408275.
::
:: Sight and Sound Technology
:: Welton House North Wing
:: Summerhouse Road