[access-uk] Re: PDF difficulty

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:44:06 +0100

Hi Valerie,

now that one does sound as if Adobe Acrobat reader has worked on a file
comprising a scanned-in graphic instead of the original text. It would
strip out all the graphics, then format the rest for JAWS to read to
you. However, in the case of a document that is scanned in pictures of
pages of text, there'll be nothing left. The sighted person would see
the picture of the page, and read the words on it. The Blind reader
would be told the document is empty - because 100% of the content will
have been filtered out.

Best,
Clive

Clive Lever
Diversity Advisor
01622 221163 (extension 7000 1163) Room 1.15, Sessions House, County
Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ.
Diversity is a strength and we will value and harness difference for the
benefit of all service users, the individual and KCC.