[access-uk] Re: PDF & JAWS

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 11:31:11 -0000

I understand what you are saying George, and if the originals are
being produced on a Mac, then they're likely not going to be too much
use to Ian directly, though I know there is more inter-changeability
between the two platforms than is commonly assumed to be the case.

It just beats me why the files won't read in Acrobat if they've
started out as computer generated text.

I too suggested the HTML approach, and I think that might be quite
workable.  I wondered too if RTF was a possibility as at least a good
deal of the formatting would be preserved.

As a comment, a friend of mine who is hot with Publisher layout
converts his magazine into PDf and it works for me quite well.  OK, I
know Publisher isn't Qaurk.  Still, I think Quark comes into this
equasion (after) Ian has done his proof reading , not before he gets
the files.  I know that as far as commercial printers are concerned,
PDF tends to be the only thing acceptable short of actually giving
them material in Quark or possibly Adobe formats.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx