[access-uk] Re: PAYPAL

  • From: carol pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 16:40:59 +0100

Thanks John. I think I have it clear now!

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Apr 2012, at 03:34 PM, "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carol,

Firstly, PayPal doesn't charge private individuals a fee.

Secondly, to have the funds taken directly out of your bank account by
PayPal your bank account needs to be 'verified'. PayPal does this by placing
a small amount of cash in your account (only about 10p or so) and once it
you see that it is there, you go to PayPal and enter the code which is shown
in your account. Once you enter this code your account is verified and you
can use PayPal to pay a variety of retailers who subscribe to PayPal for
payment. While you are waiting for your account to be verified, you can make
payments via your debit or credit card. All the instructions are on the
PayPal website, so it may be best to check the finer detail there in case
things have changed since I last had to do this.

PayPal pays the third party and then recovers this from your account via a
direct debit, so once everything is set up you only need to use PayPal, that
is, if the third party accepts this form of payment.

John.