[access-uk] Re: PARALLEL TO USB CONVERTER?

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:23:16 +0100

I asked the Open University Needs Assessment for a wi-fi printer and the
response I got was that this type of printer is not suitable for a blind
person. I an therefore being recommended a Cannon printer which I have been
told cost 49 pounds! I am expecting that when I first replace the blac and
colour cartridge both will in total cost more than the printer. I had a Lexmark
wi-fi printer which I found excellent until my guide dog knocked it off the low
table I had it on. Since then the wi-fi does not work so I have had to go back
to using a cable with it'  interesting though that I cannot use my disabled
Student Allowance for wi-fi printer because someone has decided that such a
printer is not suitable for blind people.