[access-uk] Owasys mobile phone

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:46:23 +0100

Hello everyone,

Last Friday I purchased the Owasys 22C mobile phone from RNIB.  I have
been considering for some time whether to go for a phone which will
support TALKS, and as I rely on speech feedback I decided I needed a
phone I can use effectively, and although the Owasys doesn't have all
the gizmos found on many phones on the market I am sure it will meet
my requirements.  At present I have the Nokia 3310 which was our first
mobile phone.  Our network is T-Mobile so I will use the SIM card from
my present phone.  I have asked for the user guides in Braille and was
told the manual is now available in accessible formats.  I would be
interested to hear from anyone on the list who has purchased the
Owasys and can give practical hints and tips on setting it up to your
preference.  thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett