[access-uk] Re: Outlook Question

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:50:20 -0000

Hi Mike
I am perplexed as your request, if it is a request appears to be in response to
my questions.  I was unsure if you were repeating what I had said.  I can
certainly tell you about moving your contacts from Outlook Express.  When you
go to the Outlook Express Address Book.  Go to File and Export.  In the dialog
box that comes up give the file a meaningful name and then tab to your next
option which is file type.  In the dropdown box choose the final option which
starts with the word Other.  I presume you are going to save on a flash/memory
drive so you will need to do that also.

In Outlook itself you want to find the Contacts Folder and press Enter or have
someone click on that.  You then import your contacts.  I think again in
Outlook you go to File and choose Import Contacts.  You may be asked then by
Outlook to insert your origional Office 2003 disk in order that Outlook can
install the necessary translation software.  At least I was because when I
installed Office 2003 on my computer, I choose the simple installation.  I am
not sure in relation to your request regarding Inbox on one side of the screen
and all your folders on the left, something I also asked about.  I have found
that it is there anyway so nothing for me to adjust anyway.

Hope this is of some help to you and sorry if I have misunderstood and written
things you know all about.

Eleanor