[access-uk] Re: Outlook Express and alternatives

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:19:10 +0100

Dave, try the free Mozilla Thunderbird. Lots of keyboard shortcuts,
quite screen reader friendly, and provides the usual features like that
of OE, but with lots more. Download it at http://www.mozilla.org. Hope
this helps. P.S. I think Andy may find this useful too if he doesn't
want to be nagged by that message each time he closes his Outlook
Express.
On Mon, 7 May 2007 09:12:05 +0100, "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently, as most people, using OE. However, I keep finding it
> freezing. I go into task manager and can close it from there, but that's
> the
> only way, and when I reopen it it's usually fine. I suspect as much of
> the
> problem as anything is my old computer (yes, I got the old one), but, is
> there anything I can do to stop it doing this? Also, are there any
> alternative mail readers with folders and rules etc? OE has such a great
> range of keystrokes I find it really useful, but if there's anything that
> will work better that's available still, I'd be interested in finding
> out.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Christopher Hallsworth