[access-uk] Re: Outlook Express

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:46:38 +0100

Hi Roger,

More info for you.

George.

Hi *,

just wanted to ask if anyone of you have seen the notorious
ashServ.exe error on system shutdown with the latest avast
build (4.6.665)?
(The error message says something like

"The instruction at 0x7c910e03 referenced at memory
0x00000000 could not be read. Click ok to terminate the
program" and  the title of the dialog is ""ashServ.exe
error".

The problem has been dicussed a number of times on this
forum, see e.g.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=11945.0 or
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12373.0 or
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13309.0

We made some changes in the last version and would be
curious if they fixed the problem or not... I'm not too
optimistic in this case - but one never knows.

Thanks
Vlk