[access-uk] Re: Outlook 2003 problem

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 20:58:11 +0100

Hi Steve
You said

"If your internet connection is on, then Outlook sends a completed message
straight away - and by pressing Control + Enter you are saying it's
completed."

I am still with dial-up access.

With outlook 2000 I was set-up to be placed in the in-inbox when The
computer boots up.
Then, I  would create an email and do control+enter.
The email would then stay in the outbox until I pressed f5
F5  did the dial-up and a send and receive.

I have just had  outlook 2003  set-up but the dial-up seems To behave
differently.

Firstly,  I assume with outlook 2000 I must have been set-up to
Automatically be  offline whenever I went into outlook.
Is it possible to be set-up same way with outlook 2003 I.e.  be off line
whenever  outlook opens.
This would mean doing the control+enter would always place the Mail into
outbox  and such mail would stay there,  until I am ready to Dial out to
send.

Sight & Sould say what I am wanting can only be done with  outlook express,
Are they correct?
Also I with  outlook 2000 it was f5 to send and receive now I find it's
F9  can it be  changed to f5

Regards,  Derek