[access-uk] Re: Orange World and GPRS

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:00:26 +0100

Hi James,

GPRS, General Packet Radio System, is just a way of connecting to the
Internet, via a mobile phone.  WAP, Wireless Access Protocol, is just a
means by which web pages are rendered smaller, and less graphically
cluttered for mobile phones.  You only actually need GPRS for a successful
connection to the Wayfinder server, but in general terms, GPRS is a vehicle
by which you can connect to WAP or even web pages, with your phone.

Hope this helps.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx