[access-uk] Re: Optical Drive

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 14:01:08 +0100

An optical drive is simply a CD/DVD-RW drive. No, you don't have to buy one separately, but you can. HTH

G Ward wrote:

Hi All
I am looking to buy a new PC and on the spec it talks about optical drive can anybody tell me what this is Do I need to buy it separate or not.

It is from comet and in the ad is says
* Optical drive *
Plays & records CDs and DVDs
Choose an optical drive that suits your needs. CDs are great for albums, DVDs are great for large data back-ups and movies. Look for Blu-Ray and HD DVD drives which are the latest technology and give far more storage - great for high definition content & data back-ups

* 2nd optical drive *
Not featured
Cheers
Graham