[access-uk] Re: Optacon Question

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:37:07 +0200

And no disrespect here, but I've often felt that the adaptive technology shows and stuff we get are a little US, I know biased is the wrong word, maybe focused. There are so many things that never get reviewed on there, like new products from Papenmeier and Baum, etc, I mean, compared to JAWS and Window-eyes, I didn't really know that Baum makes a screen reader, for example, and this one. I often wonder how many blindytech stuff I don't know about, I mean, have some smaller Chinese or Japanese companies, for example made notetakers, screen readers, or braille displays? Thanks Gordon, I enjoy hearing about new companies all over the world making stuff, that are not seriously covered by mainstream tech. I always love testdriving new software and things.

Ari
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gordon Atkinson" <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>