[access-uk] Re: Openning large Word files

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:01:15 +0100

Hi
First, check to make sure you have all the relevant updates, including Windows and Office updates. If that still doesn't resolve the problem, try upgrading your RAM to, say, 1 gig. Hope that helps.
Barry Hill wrote:

Hi all
What can I do to speed up the loading of large Word files. If the file has more than around 50 pages, it takes around a minute or more to load. Do I need more RAM, to change a setting or two in Word or some other alteration? I'm using Office 2003, XP and JFW5.1.
Regards
Barry