[access-uk] Online anti-virus scans

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:08:38 +0100

Hi list.

Following the discussion re: online AV scans a couple of days ago, it
prompted me to give Panda Active scan another go at:

All went well as far as accessibility goes, however I've always been
uncertain as to where one stands with their regular AV packages. I've been
told that its best to disable it (making sense), yet I've also heard because
of the way online virus scanning works your main software is taken care of.
I'm a little concerned about disabling this, as I'm thinking my system would
be vulnerable during the scan?

Incidentally I did run an online scan with my anti-virus enabled, and things
seemed to run without a hitch. However I'd be interested to hear people's
opinions.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews