[access-uk] Re: On behalf of a friend...

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:23:50 +0100

Firstly, it is a rare but unfortunate consequence that ISPs occasionally do
go bust it has happened to me twice.  As a customer unless you have lost
money to such a company there is not a great deal one can do about it either
because you are in their with all the other creditors, however I suspect
that is not the point in this case.  A company that goes bust is often not
in a position to do much for it's customers even if they want to.  I don't
know how "Guide Mail" is affilliated (if in any way at all) to Software
Express, but if your friend had contacted Software Express, they should have
been advised that they could use another ISP.  Here is some info from their
questions page which should reassure on that front.

Question: Will Guide work with my Internet and Email Provider? Answer: Yes.
Guide will work with just about any Cable, Dial-up or Broadband Internet
provider. This includes companies like Wanadoo, Freeserve, Tiscali, PlusNet,
Viatel, Thus, Demon, FireFly, Zen, Bulldog, OneTel, Virgin, NTL, AOL, BT,
Tesco and many others! Guide can also connect to free email providers such
as GoogleMail. On a technical note, Guide is compatible with the following
email protocols: POP3, IMAP4, SMTP and SSL/TLS. If you do not have an
Internet connection, please contact us and we can arrange one for you.

Your friend or someone who can help can call the Guide support number for
Guide in the UK: 0845 22 55 005 for assistance with this.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support