[access-uk] Olympus LS-3

  • From: "Tony" <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:05:25 +0100

Hello

I promised to report back once I'd received my LS-3.

After a few minutes of playing, and I may be talking rubbish of course:

Time / Date function appears not to speak - should be possible to set clock
with bundled software but I haven't installed the software as yet.

Memory information i.e. amount of remaining memory appears not to speak;

List function, i.e. when scrolling through files in a given folder appears
not to speak either.

This leads me to believe that instead of a TTS, the recorder is using a set
of voice files, as in self voicing but sticking rigidly to a predetermined
script.

As said, I may be talking rubbish, the functions I have mentioned may well
speak but I haven't found out how to make them yet.

If the lack of a TTs is true, that's a shame.

The recorder is perfectly useable though, as per the review on
blindcooltech.