[access-uk] Re: OT help please dodgy usb drive

  • From: "Dave Mack" <dcmack2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:59:10 -0700

Do not panic. I agree with George about what to try.  The drive sounds
otherwise functional.  Meanwhile, data is never lost even on an inaccessible or
otherwise completely dead drive.  There is recovery software available to
retrieve data from an active but messed up drive and also there are folks who
specialize in taking apart dead drives and retrieving the data as well but this
does not sound like your problem.  So never feel like all is lost - but a
second backup is always wise for one's most precious data.

Grandpa Dave in California