[access-uk] Re: O/T but does anyone on the list have an Ideal Isar combi-boiler?

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:37:21 +0100

John,

Get the fitter to look at your system straight away! It is definitely
leaking, it shouldn't lose pressure at all.
Wherever it is leaking, it will be causing damage, and if you keep
topping up, the corrosion inhibitor will be non existent, which
naturally will result in corrosion in the system and it's early demise.
If you know the leak is from the "System" and not the boiler itself,
then a plumber will suffice.  Otherwise if the boiler is leaking, then I
recommend contacting Ideal, and have them recommend an engineer in your
area.
You might also ask Ideal, if there have been any design changes to your
model of boiler, as if there have, you may have them fitted for free.
HTH

Dave

Hello All,

Sorry for the O/T posting but I'm sure that some people on here will be
able to compare notes and give valuable feedback.

I have had an Ideal Isar combi-boiler now for a year and am of the
opinion that the pipework may be leaking under the downstairs floor
boards. Other people I have spoken to (but with different boilers) tell
me that they rarely, if ever, have to top up the pressure in their
central heating system.
However, I find that I have to do this every three or four weeks. The
pressure will have fallen from the recommended
1.5 bars to only 0.5 bars or even lower, causing the boiler to become
noisy with a vibrating effect.

Does anyone else find this to be the case with these boilers and
systems? I am about to report it to the fitters but wanted to know what
the norm for the frequency of pressure top up of these systems is
firstly from any other users.

All contributions appreciated.

John.