[access-uk] OT but... Anyone having problems with plus.net?

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ACCESS-UK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:32:08 +0100

Hi All, my apologies for the OT question but this is really hacking me off
now!  Mail me off list if you have any suggestions.  I've been with plus.net
for almost 18 months and whilst it's been flaky at times, in the main, it's
been very good.  Over the last few months however, I think since they
started rolling out the upgrades to 8 megs, the service has got
significantly worse.  At times I've been a whole day virtually without a
connection and it's impossible to contact them by phone now.  You have to
communicate via their web portal and I've even waited up to four days for a
response from them on that as well!  The latest wave of problems has now
been caused because I want to migrate to sky.  Because we're on an LLU
system, we can't simply migrate, we've got to come off this service and wait
5 days!  So, the moral of the story children is to avoid any provider that
operates on an LLU system.  This basically means, from my understanding,
that they rent the lines from someone else!  Our service is with tiscali!
Yup, shock to me also!

Haha, sorry for the rant guys!  Anyone with similar experiences or
suggestions, feel free to mail me off list.

Steve